Rain or Shine!
- 7:45 – 8:15 am: Set-up / dog airing
- 8:30 am: start running dogs!
Join us for a Pheasant Flyer Day!
We are planning a great pheasant flyer day for everyone entered in the NORCAL GRC WC/WCX event on April 24, 2021, as well as an all-around fun day for all dogs and their handlers!
Open to Goldens, Flatcoats, Tollers & Poodles (see below for more information).
NOTE: These events are volunteer driven events. When you are not running your dog, you are asked to help with throwing, carrying birds, hauling equipment, etc. If you have a limitation that prevents you from helping in some capacity, PLEASE notify the event organizer prior to the event.
Priority Registration for NORCAL GRC Members:
Runs from Mar 22 at 8 pm through Mar 28, 2020
- There is a one week priority registration period for members, during which time members may enter ONE dog as long as space is available, and may waitlist up to TWO more dogs at the same time.
- At the end of the one week priority registration period, if there are spaces remaining, we will fill those spaces with members’ second dogs, in the order entries were received.
- After all second dogs have been pulled from the waitlist, and if spaces are still available, we will pull members’ third dogs from the waitlist.
- After that, if there are any spaces remaining, we will open the event to members with non-Goldens, as well as non-members with Goldens, Flatcoats, Tollers & Poodles.
There is a limit of 40 dogs, and we expect this event to fill!
Enter online: Entry Form
Last Day to Enter – Friday, April 2, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the pandemic shutdown of all field events, we are waiving the training day attendance requirement for this Flyer Day. However, we do ask that all dogs be proficient at retrieving dead birds – this is not a suitable event for introducing your dogs to birds.
WC / WCX Set-ups
Land marks only, no water marks, no blinds. Two different series are planned. Setups will be WC/WCX focused, and field workers will be wearing white/light colored clothing.
Questions? Contact Samantha Dillard
Other Training Day Details
General Items to Bring
- Shade and/or rain protection for your dog’s crate
- Water for you and your dog
- Lunch for you
- Towels for muddy dogs and yourself
Equipment you need to Bring
- Training Whistle
- Duck Call
- Folding Chair
- Ear protection (simple ear plugs work)
- Warm clothing and rain gear if needed. Layers work very well.
- Rain boots for muddy walks out into the field to throw
- Walkie Talkie Radio
- Blank Pistol and ammunition
This is a NORCAL Golden Retriever Club flyer day, and there are no guest fees for Denverton CRTA. However, if you are not a Denverton CRTA member, you will need to sign a hold-harmless form. (If you are a member, but have not signed a form this year, you will also need to sign one.) You will find the hold harmless form here.
Please read the first page AND print out the last page, sign and bring with you. We also have the regular sign in sheet and I will have a separate one for us with everyone’s name on it. This separate sign in page is at the kiosk, please find your name on the sign in form, and leave your hold harmless on the clip board behind the sign-in form. If you are a CRTA member, please still sign in on the separate sign-in sheet with your name on it.
Please stay on the gravel road and do NOT try to drive around puddles on the side of the road. If you get stuck in the mud and have to have a tow truck come, it is very, very, very expensive and AAA will not come out. In addition, you are responsible for costs to repair any damage to the grounds due to your vehicle.