Date: Saturday, March 12, 2022
Time: We start running dogs at 8:30 am. Please arrive by 8:00 am to sign in and air your dogs. Plan on staying through the early afternoon.
Location: CRTA Denverton, T1 Field
Cost: No cost for NORCAL GRC Club Members, $10.00 per dog for non-club members
As we do for our club Flyer Days, these ‘rarer’ retriever breeds (Flat Coat Retrievers, Tollers, and Poodles) are welcome to attend.
In addition, you MUST sign up in advance for Training Days. Spaces are limited, and will fill quickly.
These events are volunteer driven events. When you are not running your dog, you are asked to help with throwing, carrying birds, hauling equipment, etc.
If you have a limitation that prevents you from helping in some capacity, PLEASE notify the event organizer prior to the event.
Hunt Test Set-ups
Ducks (or bumpers) will be used.
As this is a training day, birds OR bumpers are okay for all marks and drills. Handlers are encouraged to adjust any of the setups to suit their dog’s abilities. If you aren’t sure how to modify a setup, PLEASE ask the guest instructor or another club member for advice. We usually have at least a couple of advanced handlers at our training days, and they are kind enough to share their knowledge and experience with other participants.
Puppies, Young Dogs & Field Newbies
NORCAL GRC welcomes folks new to field sports as well as those with puppies and young dogs to come to our training days and see what the game is all about. Please sign up in advance using the online entry form. You will be contacted to get more information about your dog’s experience level and to find out what your goals are for the training day.
Other Training Day Details
General Items to Bring
- Shade and/or rain protection for your dog’s crate
- Water for you and your dog
- Lunch for you
- Towels for muddy dogs and yourself
Equipment you need to Bring
- Training Whistle
- Duck Call
- Folding Chair
- Ear protection (simple ear plugs work)
- Warm clothing and rain gear if needed. Layers work very well.
- Rain boots for muddy walks out into the field to throw
- Walkie Talkie Radio ~ JH and higher levels should have these already
- Blank Pistol and ammunition ~ JH and higher levels should plan on purchasing these, if you haven’t already
This is a NORCAL Golden Retriever Club training day, so there are no guest fees for Denverton CRTA. However, if you are not a CRTA member, you will need to sign a hold-harmless form. (If you are a member, but have not signed a form this year, you will also need to sign one.) You will find the hold harmless form here.
Please read the first page AND print out the last page, sign and bring with you. We also have an event sign in sheet with everyone’s name on it. This separate sign in page is at the kiosk, please find your name on the sign in form, and leave your hold harmless on the clip board behind the sign-in form.
If you are a CRTA member, please still sign in on the separate sign-in sheet with your name on it.
Please stay on the gravel road and do NOT try to drive around puddles on the side of the road. If you get stuck in the mud and have to have a tow truck come, it is very, very, very expensive and AAA will not come out. In addition, you are responsible for costs to repair any damage to the grounds due to your vehicle.
Priority Registration for NORCAL GRC Members
Runs from February 7 at 7:00 pm through February 14, 2022:
- There is a one week priority registration period for members, during which time members may enter ONE dog as long as space is available, and may waitlist up to TWO more dogs at the same time.
- At the end of the one week priority registration period, if there are spaces remaining, we will fill those spaces with members’ second dogs, in the order entries were received.
- After all second dogs have been pulled from the waitlist, and if spaces are still available, we will pull members’ third dogs from the waitlist.
- After that, if there are any spaces remaining, we will open the event to members with non-Goldens, as well as non-members with Goldens, Flatcoats, Tollers & Poodles.
Online Entries open on February 7, 2022 at 7:00 pm. Spaces are limited and you must register in advance.