Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022
Time: We start running dogs at 8:00 am. Please arrive by 7:30 am to sign in and air your dogs. Plan on staying through the late afternoon.
These events are volunteer driven events. When you are not running your dog, you are asked to help with throwing, carrying birds, hauling equipment, etc.
If you have a limitation that prevents you from helping in some capacity, PLEASE notify the event organizer prior to the event.
Hunt Test Set-ups
Ducks will be used.
The focus of this day is marking setups with flyers, we may or may not set up blinds for SH/MH dogs.
General Items to Bring
- Shade for your car
- Water for you and your dog
- Lunch for you
- Towels for muddy dogs and yourself
Equipment you need to Bring
- Training Whistle
- Duck Call
- Folding Chair
- Ear protection (simple ear plugs work)
- Rain boots for muddy walks out to the ponds to throw
- Walkie Talkie Radio ~ JH and higher levels should have these already
- Blank Pistol and ammunition ~ JH and higher levels should plan on purchasing these, if you haven’t already
This is a NORCAL Golden Retriever Club event, so there are no guest fees for Denverton CRTA. However, if you are not a CRTA member, you will need to sign a hold-harmless form. (If you are a member, but have not signed a form this year, you will also need to sign one.) You will find the hold harmless form here.
Please read the first page AND print out the last page, sign and bring with you. We also have an event sign in sheet with everyone’s name on it. This separate sign in page is at the kiosk, please find your name on the sign in form, and leave your hold harmless on the clip board behind the sign-in form.
If you are a CRTA member, please still sign in on the separate sign-in sheet with your name on it.
Please stay on the gravel road and do NOT try to drive around puddles on the side of the road. If you get stuck in the mud and have to have a tow truck come, it is very, very, very expensive and AAA will not come out. In addition, you are responsible for costs to repair any damage to the grounds due to your vehicle.
Priority Registration for NORCAL GRC Members
Runs from January 24 through January 31, 2022
- There is a one week priority registration period for members, during which time members may enter ONE dog as long as space is available, and may waitlist up to TWO more dogs at the same time.
- At the end of the one week priority registration period, if there are spaces remaining, we will fill those spaces with members’ second dogs, in the order entries were received.
- After all second dogs have been pulled from the waitlist, and if spaces are still available, we will pull members’ third dogs from the waitlist.
- After that, if there are any spaces remaining, we will open the event to members with non-Goldens, as well as non-members with Goldens, Flat Coats, Tollers & Poodles.
There is a limit of 40 dogs, and we expect this event to fill!
Online Entries are now open for members with non-Goldens and non-members with Goldens, Flat Coats, Tollers & Poodles:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to changes over the last few years in CRTA booking rules as they apply to member clubs’ flyer and training days, we are looking at ways to ensure that ALL teams are given equal time at flyer day events. To help achieve this goal, all dogs attending flyer days are required to be proficient at retrieving dead birds. If your dog is not yet proficient at retrieving dead birds, we ask that you consider whether a (non-flyer) training day is a more appropriate event to attend, where you can get help from other members and take as much time as you need with your dog.
Photo credit: Samantha Dillard